Saturday, May 7, 2011

On Post

I was sitting at home reading over the news
It seems the state’s passed a new bill
That a woman seeking to abort her child
Must first have a sonogram revealed

I read a comment a woman had made
“This is stupid and a waste of our tax dollars”
It angered my heart so that a person could see
The possibility of saving a life as a bother

It’s times like this when I need you the most
We’re a dying breed, baby you and me both
When this night watch goes on and I become weary
I long for a partner to help me guard our post

I walked to the store to run an errand
It was just a short trip I figured ‘why drive?’
As I stood in line I noticed someone’s shirt
That said “CHRISTIANS TO THE LIONS”

It troubled my heart on my walk back home
I wondered how I could ever reach those people
How can I assure them of Who Christ truly is
In a world so consumed in evil?

It’s times like this when I need you the most
We’re a dying breed, baby you and me both
When this night watch goes on and I become weary
I long for a partner to help me guard our post

It seems to me there’s so much to do
I know in my heart I won’t have much strength in this battle
If I’m not fighting it with you

There are people to love and lives to change
And though I’m only one person
I know my God will see to it
That I’ll be used for His purpose

And when you come, my love I know
There will be nothing to stop us from flying
Together we’ll fight against the spirits of this world
Hand in hand we’ll help those who are dying

It’s times like then when we’ll need God the most
We’re a dying breed, baby and we need Him you know
When our night watch goes on and we become weary
It’s He who will forever guard our post

-          Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment