Monday, December 13, 2010

I Gotta Love You


Where ever this life takes me
Through the battles I fight alone
Through the times I cry in silence
Adding lyrics to my song
Though I know my fear condemns me
And my faith at times wears thin
I won’t forget these trials
And the places I’ll have been
 
So I walk by faith and not by sight
Because my God is in me
Though at times I get so scared in night
I gotta believe He’s with me
‘Cause I’ve known hurt and I’ve known fear
Though I know He triumphs over
I just gotta keep my heart song real
And give my life to it’s Molder
 
And when I feel I’m all alone
I must keep my mind in focus
‘Cause what I feel does not mean truth
Just as my friend Paul spoke it
So I’ll keep showing my heart to people
‘Cause that’s what lovers do
Though many have sought to damage me
I choose to still be true
 
You got me through the heart aches
Out of the rubble I was saved
From the sin that had overwhelmed me
By the choices I alone had made
I need to believe You’ll be there again
‘Cause I know I’ll come to fall
And when I truly turn my heart
You’ll finally answer my call
And I’ll become even stronger
Till the day this world is through
‘Cause I know where I belong
And this world is far from You
 
So on I’ll travel through this journey
Through this world of hurt and fraud
To prove my love for You is true
As Your young woman of God.
 
- Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment