Monday, December 13, 2010

Puffer Fish

I went for a swim with a puffer fish. And he was everything I needed from the water.
He introduced his reef to me and I shared mine with him.
Together we journeyed through the waters, zooming to the surface to leap out and in again.

When night fell he stayed close beside me and gestured his ways to me.
When I swam away he would find me again. And when he strayed I would follow.
He never left me alone.

When I teased or taunted him he sometimes would puff up.
I could reach the flesh inbetween the barbs or keep a distance until he deflated.
But he always knew I held him so dear.

We carried many secrets together and we crossed out all our goals.
Other fish passing by knew we stood for the waters...and they desired what we had.
On and on during our swim my puffer fish and I gained each other;
Toward the end of our swim we had become one.

When time came for us to rest we settled on our reef we had created together.
As time ticked on we recalled all our discoveries from our long swim.
Soon after we each fell asleep.
When we awoke we found each other
And went to share all our tales from our swim with the One who put us in the sea together.

- Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment