Monday, December 13, 2010

Worth It

To the one I've loved more than any,
Would you have tried to take it from me?
If I had given into your charm
Found no guilt while in your arms
Would you have tried to seduce my heart
To take that already-claimed part?

I want to do what no one else did
I want to fight off weakness of giving in
I long to look my child in her eyes
I'd love to encourage her with no lies
I want to say "I won and so can you"
and "Don't ever let him take it from you."

So you say to give it up
To 'live life' and just 'have fun'
But you're so bound to ways of this world
I long to stand apart, to be that girl
Who set out and accomplished what her heart truly wanted
I'll never let anyone take that from me.

I will leave all your ways behind
I will discover a truer way to be
You've got to be kidding when you say what I'm missing...
Though you may never understand me
I'll never let anyone take me from me.

- Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment