Monday, December 13, 2010

"I'm Your Passenger"


A young man I know has walked his miles
Made his mistakes that held him back for a while
At last he had found a happiness
But people make mistakes and it was taken from him
 
He sits alone wearing blank eyes to hide the thoughts
He stews in a misery of wondering how he got to this spot
He’s driving down the street with little gas to get him far
He’s looks through his passenger and doesn’t realize where we are.
 
So here I am now, holding his hand
Hoping he’ll see me and understand
Calling to his heart, usually getting the dial
I contemplate different methods while clinging to denial
To give up now, to find something new
I keep hope in my heart for his heart to come through
I knock on his door with love then he turns back
I stand in the door way wishing he’d smile back
I invisibly reach out longing for his touch
But he seems to think I’m asking too much
 
I sit and I mull over different ways in my head
My friends tell me to stand up and stick to what I said
But I only want to be what we need
I suppose that’s playing God, but does that mean I should leave?
He’s a dog on this chain, guarding his ways
I feel like I’m bending so we won’t break
Now my back is beginning to hurt
“I can’t do this alone,” hoping he heard
One hundred and one hundred is complete attempt from both
How can I exist under someone who says he won’t??
Why am I invisible and why can’t I break through?
Perhaps I’m just a hallow shell that will simply have to do
Maybe if I lacked a face and voice he’d be content to simply fill a void
Suppose he’d like just a song bird because words seem to leave him annoyed
Maybe I’m looking at it all wrong, trying so hard to be what he needs
If all he wants is to glimpse a figure sitting in his passenger seat…
 
- Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment