Monday, December 13, 2010

Poem to 3 of You


You.
Original shade of multi-colors
Fascinated me, we were untouchable lovers
I once broke through your shell and kept you close
Now in your lonely head you boast
 
Finally my heart gave way and I left
Not a moment you spared to even catch your breathe
You took all I gave you and abused it in your hands
You claimed more enemies
But we’re just a traveling band
 
How could I ever…
 
You.
At first you seemed so fit for the role
Not waiting for comfort you then turned bold
Showing such aggression then turned a leaf
Then the night came when you had worn me
 
I hadn’t intended on ending so raw
But with red flags at first it seemed I only saw
How could it have ended any other way?
I was told of the insults
The backwards words you would say
 
Why did I ever…
 
And you.
Favored one of loving to hate
Speaking so outright, give me a break!
You’re a coward and a liar who doesn’t see me
Your accusations are fantasy and your claims are weak
 
Though I’ve a heart with too much to feel
I must keep telling myself you’re not real
Because everything you cry about is very fake
You’ll be your own downfall
I wonder how long your punishments will take
 
Why should I ever…
 
1, 2, 3
All turned on me
But that’s just life:
Sad people hurting.
 
So I’ll keep trying to forgive and love you all.
 
- Desiree` Magee

No comments:

Post a Comment